Season 1 | Jan-Mar 2018
Objective: Pursuing the Best Version of Myself
Context: Self Care
Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, Rest, Fun, Margin, Self Control
Personal Growth, Productivity, Ministry, Technology
– Practicing God’s Presence: I walk closely with the Lord every day of my life. I desire him to be a part of everything that I do, and I am constantly inviting him to be a part of my heart, mind, and activities. I genuinely want God‘s presence it everything that I do.
– Margin, Reflecting & Planning: I have an established routine of open space and time simply to think, reflect, and plan my life. I am at regularly peace because I have made appropriate time to think and pray through all of my responsibilities and areas of stewardship. Because I regularly reflect, I am always in touch with what matters most in any given area
– Exercise & Healthy Eating: Exercise and a good diet are linchpin activities in my life, and therefore, a high priority. I work out 2-3 times a week at the gym, and I eat healthy food with the occasional splurge. My health is a gift to others in my life and my healthy diet and body help me serve others to the best of my ability.
– Tennis, Guitar & Concerts: Playing guitar, playing tennis, and going to see my favorite band in concert are my three favorite fun activities in life. I have an established routine for playing guitar each week, playing tennis each month and having money saved and ready to see my favorite bands when they come to town. I never miss seeing my favorite bands. Tennis, guitar, and concerts are regular activities in my life and bring me much joy.
Big Goal for This Year
Get down to 180lbs, establish a solid routine for physical and spiritual fitness that becomes a habit
MIXED: I have gotten better with practicing God’s presence in my days, but I am not where I want to be. I have had some really good time time to reflect and plan, especially at the very end of Season 4. I didn’t even finish my Life Plan for season 4 of 2017 because things were so busy, but as I come into this season I have had some amazing time to reflect and plan. My weight has remained pretty stable despite dialing back the intensity of my weight loss focus and exercise. The busyness of Season 4 left me exhausted which meant bad habits, but I have maintained my healthy changed pretty well. I have not played guitar, but MAN, OH MAN did I see some concerts! NEEDTOBREATHE twice, Hanson, Blues Traveler, and tix for Weird Al next year. My concert game has been strong!
Staying on Track and Celebrating Progress
– Practicing God’s Presence: None really
– Margin, Reflecting & Planning: Ended really well and feel really good about entering Season 1
– Exercise & Healthy Eating: Have kept up my workouts, though they have been more sparse than in the summer
– Tennis, Guitar & Concerts: Ready to really get back to playing guitar and tennis more next time.
Stick to the system that I have set forth which includes workout times, guitar practice and time to pray and reflect. I want to remain balanced on the important things during this coming season of urgency and Christmas treats!
Subtitle for This Block
– Practicing God’s Presence: Practice beginning and ending each pomodoro with prayer. Be more intentional to pray and work together.
– Margin, Reflecting & Planning: Completely update my Life Plan and Things structure with updated data in every category.
– Exercise & Healthy Eating: Begin working out 3x a week and tracking my “3 workout” weeks. Also need to get to 180lbs.
– Tennis, Guitar & Concerts: Mount my guitar in my office and schedule a time to play it twice a week
Subtitle for This Block
Father help me to be consciously present and connected with you in my planning, leisure and management of my heath and body. Let me bring you into each of these more intentionally this season.